Dar Malika (ex-Dar El Hana), is a boutique hotel and guest house in the heart of the ancient Medina of Fez. You can rent a room or the whole house. The house, or Dar, is more than 300 years old and has been lovingly restored to its former beauty along with the addition of modern bathrooms.
The Dar is a classically symmetrical house with a central courtyard and halka, opening to the sky. Salons come off the central courtyard on two levels. Each of the four bedrooms have been decorated with colour and elegance, including quality bed linens, comfortable mattresses and English duvets.
The simplicity of the decor accentuates the stunning traditional architectural features of cedar wood and ironwork. Enhancing this oasis of calm is the furnished terrace, which overlooks the largest medina – medieval walled city – in the world; classified a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Here you can enjoy a meal, or simply sunbathe and relax.
- The house can sleep a total of 10 people, or 7 single people.
- There are two queen size beds; one queen size bed which can be a double or become two singles; plus four single beds. (Two extra length ones.)
- We include essential comforts – air conditioning, fans, heating, Bosch hairdryers, and private bathrooms including soap and shampoo.
- Free Wifi is available throughout the house.
- In the main salon is a ‘smart’ television offering hundreds of satellite channels, including English and French ones.
- In the salon is a Bluetooth speaker which will connect with your digital device.
- A cot is available on request. Children under two years old are free, if using existing bedding.
- Included with all rooms is a complimentary bottle of mineral water. Each room has soap, shampoo and a hair dryer.